iOS beta testing

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Mar 30 11:33:22 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 03:15:53PM +0200, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Drop downs and scroll boxes drive me nuts in most places, but at least for
> > the date I agree with you, we need a date picker. This is in part a
> > challenge of using a third party tool kit in order to build for several
> > platforms from one source base. Kirigami doesn't have some of the
> > components, yet, that we'd need for that.
>
> Indeed, we need that. I've already talked to Marco about it. He agreed, but
> cannot promise yet when he'll find time to implement it.
> There is a calendar component in QQC with which you could build your own date
> picker, but yes, it is something that should be provided by Kirigami at some
> point.

Yes, it would be nice if Kirigami grew some more controls.
- expanding (or collapsing) lists are high on my list
- date and time picker
- that could alternatively be implemented with drop boxes / scroll boxes

> > > Whenever I am entering text - I cannot press and hold to move the cursor
> > > around to edit things like normal, I can only click an approximate
> > > position
> > > and hope I get it right.  My thumb is not that accurate =-( Is there a way
> > > to enable the zoom view thing?
> >
> > That's a bug that I hadn't noticed. Odd. I'll ask the Kirigami developers
> > about this.
>
> This may well just be a feature that isn't yet implemented in QtQuickControls.
> I'm not sure, though. Marco or Sebas may indeed know more about this.

So this is an iOS feature. If you use an iOS input field you get that
loupe / fine positioning control for your text cursor. My guess is that
this may not be turned on by QML - I'm not 100% sure that this really is a
Kirigami issues vs. a QML issue.