Build problems (qtTranslator)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun May 1 06:31:13 PDT 2016

> On May 1, 2016, at 2:16 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> as said on IRC, I currently cannot build master, I get
>
> [ 88%] Linking CXX executable TestGpsCoords
>   "_qtTranslator", referenced from:
>       init_qt_late() in libsubsurface_corelib.a(qt-init.cpp.o)
>   "_ssrfTranslator", referenced from:
>       init_qt_late() in libsubsurface_corelib.a(qt-init.cpp.o)
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
> make[2]: *** [tests/TestGpsCoords] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/TestGpsCoords.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> A work around is to comment out the last if clause in qt-init.cpp, i.e. lines 41-56.

Not the slightest clue. Can you run

make VERBOSE=1

so we can see what is and isn't passed to the linker?

I have build master successfully on two different Macs and in two different Linux VMs. Both desktop and mobile. And I have cross compiled the iOS app on two different Macs and the Android apk on a Mac and on a Linux box. All compiles succeed. Yet base on IRC I see that there are at least two people with exactly this problem, so I'm... puzzled.