Latest iOS release

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun May 1 15:12:52 PDT 2016

> On May 1, 2016, at 2:46 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 2 May 2016 00:33, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
> >
> > Oh I'm so tired of this Qt bug. Thiago, we really need to get this addressed in Qt. It's ridiculous that we keep running into this, keep trying to work around it, and randomly trigger it again. And right now building the mobile version on the desktop doesn't appear to trigger it, at least not for me. I don't see it on Android, either. It's only on iOS :-(
> >
> I'm not sure if this is related, but I get a crash on Android (Galaxy S6) with 1352. I was hoping to get a logcat, but haven't had a chance yet.
>
> I open subsurface, wait (or not) for the sync to finish, and select the first dive in the list. The app crashes.

My guess is that it's related. I didn't get this on Android but I managed to reproduce it one (but not the other) of my Macs. It's a complete Heisenbug and it is so pissing me off.

I just posted a new iOS build and a new Android build should come soon - at least on the systems that I tested this on it no longer crashes. Just like the last dozen times we had this crash and I hacked around it and we got back to having it.

Fundamentally QML as delivered in Qt 5.6.0 is not production ready. But until we have a trivial test case for them to reproduce it I don't see anyone tackling the bug. Which is a shame.