Latest iOS release

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun May 1 15:59:52 PDT 2016

> On May 1, 2016, at 3:48 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My guess is that it's related. I didn't get this on Android but I managed to reproduce it one (but not the other) of my Macs. It's a complete Heisenbug and it is so pissing me off.
> >
> > I just posted a new iOS build and a new Android build should come soon - at least on the systems that I tested this on it no longer crashes. Just like the last dozen times we had this crash and I hacked around it and we got back to having it.
> >
> I tested the Android build 1354. Dives display correctly now, but if I hit the back button it crashes instead of returning to the dive list.

Great.

I'm reasonably close to just giving up on the mobile versions. I'm the only person working on it. I really don't care nearly as much as I thought I would, the number of complaints and problem reports easily outstrips my available time and because of all the time I spend on that, I don't spend enough time on the desktop version.

Maybe it's time to send Subsurface into hibernation for a while and focus on other things.

> > Fundamentally QML as delivered in Qt 5.6.0 is not production ready. But until we have a trivial test case for them to reproduce it I don't see anyone tackling the bug. Which is a shame.
> >
> A shame indeed. And with no obvious cause, a reliable test case isn't trivial to create.

What triggers it is the attempt to determine the sizes for a grid layout and gets lost in an infinite recursion.