QML inconsistency Android <-> Desktop

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon May 16 12:21:49 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 09:12:13PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:

> > On 16 May 2016, at 20:39, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> >> It's very obvious that Android and iOS are second class platforms for Qt.
> >> I just applied your patches and will test them in a minute... but it's
> >> entirely possible that you are finding actual bugs...
> >
> > Right now adding a dive is broken. There's the obvious issue that main.qml
> > refers to buddy, suit and divemaster which all three no longer exist as
> > properties (easy to fix), but even if you fix that, the auto completion on
> > each of the three items simply shows a '0' in the combo box
> Interesting, that means that the helper function wasn’t run when dive edit is activated via
> the add dive function. As a zero in the combobox means that the list model is empty.

Yes - main.qml can start edit mode as well (in order to add dives), and
you only changed DiveDetails.qml to make the change...

Can you send a follow up patch that addresses that?

And thank you for your contribution. I know this was a massive pain to get
working and really appreciate that you stuck with it and figured it out.