Best approach to importing a Shearwater log

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:54:38 PDT 2016

Let's add the mailing list back as now we are talking on general level and
the need for privately sharing the log file is completed.

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 4:25 PM, X UWXplorer <uwxplorer at gmail.com> wrote:

BTW, although it is a different topic, I noticed that in the Android app,
> the site entry is a single item. I am used to separate the general location
> from the actual dive site. Is this something that makes sense in your
> opinion?

I think we have always had only a single text field for the dive site (to
go along with GPS location). Both on the desktop and mobile apps. I used to
use following format in the location field: country - village - site.
However, with the GPS position and grouping by trips I have started using
only site name in the location field. I get the precise location along with
the country (currently only on desktop version) from the GPS position
lookup, and I manually add the general location to the trip header. But
then again, I only dive on dive trips, so this works perfectly for me, but
might not suit all users. The trip header is shown on mobile, but cannot be
edited there.

miika