Import of old Suunto logs

Rainer Mohr mail at divelogs.de
Tue May 31 21:59:40 PDT 2016

[resending, as attachment was rejected]

Hi Miika,

The Suunto uploader was an experiment back in the days. Back then, I
worked for a company that uses .NET / C# and I just played around with
it at home.

The reason was, that the Suunto SDE files had a few wrong / missing
values. I reported this to Suunto a few times, but they never responded
and never fixed it. So i fixed it myself by creating the uploader.

Internally, the old Suunto DM Versions 2 and 3 used an MS Access mdb
database in the background for storing data. The SDE files however were
just ZIP files with XML (this is where the DLD idea came from).

What the uploader does is:
- search for a Suunto DM Installation on the computer
- locate the mdb file path from the registry
- query the data from the mdb file using an OleDbConnection
- display the dives in a grid
- get the available dives from divelogs.de and check the new ones in the
list automatically
- write the selected dives into a DLD file
- upload this to divelogs.de

download the complete Visual Studio 2008 .NET project here, feel free to
do anything you like with it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbe7z20jxxqjdzj/SDMReader.zip?dl=0

I personally discontinued the uploader, as I no longer use DM3 / .NET /
C# / Windows but it seems to be used by a few users, so i keep it on the
site for the time being.

Hope that helps in some way.

Rainer