Test of Preferences tab.

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Nov 1 12:40:59 PDT 2016

On 01/11/2016 21:00, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> Testing your findings - I fixed the font change today - hmm. Will test
> all of them here and see what's going on - thanks willem
>
>     My greatest apologies for pointing out problems that are actually
>     my own finger problems and not problems of code.
>     Kind regards,
>     willem

Tomaz, my file .config/Subsurface/Subsurface.conf was not updated at all
while I messed around with the Preferences.
Last date yesterday. I then looked at the permissions for that file and
it had been set to root. Changed permissions to myself. A big part of my
problems. However still some problems remain.

But before continuing with this I need to understand one thing. At what
stage are the preferences written to the config file? What triggers
saving of preferences data to the config file? When hitting the SAVE
button on the appropriate preferences tab? When exiting Subsurface? What
if no dive details have been changed and only preferences have been changed?

If I understand that, then I would be able to do a better test.

Kind regards,
willem