Testing ftdi code

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Nov 4 07:24:20 PDT 2016

On 31/10/2016 14:27, Anton Lundin wrote:

>> Next step: run on Android.
>> 1) Download appropriate Android ftdi lib.
> Nope. packaging/android/build.sh will download the right code for you.
>
>> 2) Compile desktop to Android. Using which options? Where? Does it
>> produce an .apk?
> Using packaging/android/build.sh by setting the environment variable
> SUBSURFACE_DESKTOP=ON
>
> And, yes, it will produce a apk.
>

> //Anton

Anton,

I would like to do the above in order to move closer to the existing
Subsurface mobile code, using the same dive computer as with the
previous tests.

The SUBSURFACE_DESKTOP=ON  :
Is a simple EXPORT sufficient?

You indicated previously that it is easier to navigate with a mouse:

If you're feeling adventurous, you can build Subsurface desktop for
android and do the exact same things on Android. I suggest using a mouse
to navigate the ui.

I see it's possible to connect a BT mouse to Android. Have not done this
yet. Is this what you meant?

Kind regards,
willem