bug when importing from Oceanic VT4.1 with multiple sources

Adric Norris landstander668 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 07:09:24 PST 2016

I've encountered a bit of an oddity with reported air pressure on my most
recent dive, which I believe can only be explained by a bug of some sort...
no idea if it resides in my Oceanic VT4.1 dive computer, Subsurface, or
libdivecomputer. Specifically, the graph displays an impossible ending
pressure. I've confirmed that my computer has the current firmware
<http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/support/software/> (2B03) loaded, for
what that's worth, and I'm using the Linux appimage of Subsurface
4.5.95-25-g02389c95cb59.

My dive computer supports four air sources, although prior to the dive in
question I had never made use of more than one. On this occasion, however,
I was practicing deployment and use of a 19cuft pony bottle near the end of
the dive... since I was expecting to use it for around 10 minutes, I
decided to switch my computer to the second air source as well. In
hindsight this wasn't really necessary, as the pony regulator doesn't
currently have a transmitter, but it seemed reasonable at the time. Both
tanks were filled with ordinary air, so there was no difference in the air
mix configured for each source on my dive computer, and had a starting
pressure of approximately 3000 PSI (200 bar). The main tank (the one with
the transmitter) ended with about 700 PSI (48 bar).

Air usage on the graph looks normal up until the time the air source was
switched, at which point it displays a pressure of 4880 PSI (336 bar) for
the remainder of the dive. Although it makes sense that it would show a
constant pressure (due to the lack of a transmitter), I don't understand
how it could possibly come up with the displayed value (especially knowing
the ending value of the main tank).

I've made the following files available at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-3AX-51D0csZ3I1dFNkR2FUYmM:

   - *subsurface-libdivecomputer-dump.bin* - libdivecomputer dumpfile
   covering around 70 dives (since I had to force a re-download), but the dive
   in question is the very last item.
   - *subsurface-libdivecomputer-dump.log* - libdivecomputer logfile
   covering the same "import" where the dumpfile was captured.
   - *subsurface.log* - libdivecomputer logfile, covering import of only
   the dive in question (although I still had to force a re-download).
   - *subsurface-terminal.out* - Output produced by running Subsurface from
   the terminal.
   - *text.xml* - Subsurface XML file containing just the dive in question.
   Please note that it was saved immediately after import, with no manual
   changes having been made.

On my real logbook, saved to cloud storage, I did manually add a second
tank with the relevant capacity and start/end pressures. This didn't make
any apparent difference to the graph, however.

At this point I have *not* tried to reproduce the issue under the latest
official release (4.5.6). I'll be happy to do so if you like, however, so
please let me know.

Thanx!

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams