Deepblu COSMIQ?

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Nov 7 02:06:57 PST 2016

On 07 November, 2016 - Davide DB wrote:

> Hi all,
> I got one of these computers.
>
> http://deepblu.com/COSMIQ.html
>
> Yet Another Walled Garden... It communicates via bluetooth with its
> proprietary app (IOS/Android) and proprietary online logbook.
>
> How can I give you useful info to try getting data into Subsurface?
>

> Thank you in advance

Step one would probably be to talk nicely to the vendor asking for
any documentation or specification about how to talk to the computer.
They might be willing to release some documentation so we could
implement a backend for it.

The other way is to reverse engineer the protocol, but thats quite a
lot of work. It can be done by capturing the communication between the
app and the computer, and maybe disasembling the apps. This is really
hard when the "hacker" doesn't have access to the computer directly.

Both of these "attacks" can probably be mounted from a root'ed android
device.

I'd say contact the vendor and hope for the best.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604