Questions for user-manual

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 15 03:36:20 PST 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 04:23:54PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> 1) In the File main menu item, what does the option "Take cloud storage
> online" do?

Slightly unintuitive, I'm open for better naming. If you are offline when
you start Subsurface, or if for some other reason the connection to cloud
storage fails, Subsurface will switch into offline mode and not try to
upload any changes to the server (otherwise it will keep "hanging" for
several seconds). So this option allows you to force it to try again.

> 2) In the Log main menu item, what does the option "Add GPS position here"
> do?

I had to go through the sources and look. It appears that I planned to
implement a way to add GPS locations even from the desktop version, if
that computer provides GPS service. And then I gave up on it since it
never worked, but didn't remove the code... Oops. I'll revert that.