subsurface ubuntu 16.10

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Nov 15 05:03:50 PST 2016

On 11 November, 2016 - Robert Helling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Am 11.11.2016 um 21:09 schrieb Yannick Jarno <yannick.jarno at free.fr>:
> >
> > Hi   Robert,
> >
> > version  of  libtasn1-6
> > dpkg -l | grep libtasn1-6
> > ii  libtasn1-6:amd64         4.9-4                                       amd64        Manage ASN.1 structures (runtime)
> > ii  libtasn1-6:i386              4.9-4                                       i386         Manage ASN.1 structures (runtime)
> >
> > And sudo apt-get remove joxi    command doesn't   find joxi
> >
> > I   will try  again   to install from repository when it will be available
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Le 11/11/2016 à 12:03, Robert Helling a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> this should not happen, the app image is supposed to work „everywhere“. Googling this rather cryptic error message gives some hints to where it could come from. Could you please check that your Ubuntu system is up to date
> >>
> >> sudo apt-get update
> >> sudo apt-get upgrade
> >>
> >> and in particular check the version number of libtasn1-6 . Somewhere else, it is reported that removing a package joxi via
> >>
> >> sudo apt-get remove joxi
> >>
> >> fixes a similar problem. Could you please check?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Robert
> >

> is there anybody here with access to a Ubuntu 16.10 (virtual) machine who could look into this? It’s not clear to me even if this is a problem on the build machine, in the app image or of some Ubuntu package.

I really don't know how the appimage library inclusion/exclusion rules
work, what i found fixes the problem is to remove
./usr/lib/libtasn1.so.6 from the Appimage.

The base issue is that usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 links to usr/lib/librtmp.so.0,
which links to usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26. usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 also links
to libldap_r-2.4.so.2 which isn't in the Appimage, which in turn links
to libgnutls.so.30.

Bot libgnutls links to libtasn1.so.6 , which is packaged with the
app-image, but which is to old to work with libgnutls.so.30 from the
host.

What is the abi that an Appimage expects from the host os?

Are we still building libcurl from master or is the proxy-patches
released by now?

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604