Building Subsurface on Ubuntu 16.04

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Nov 24 04:56:30 PST 2016

Building Subsurface desktop version on Ubuntu 16.04, I get error:

My current installed libraries are (mostly from the Subsurface Debian
Build instructions on the web site, with 3 libraries added):

git g++ make autoconf libtool cmake pkg-config
libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libzip-dev libsqlite3-dev
libusb-1.0-0-dev libgit2-dev
qt5-default qt5-qmake qtchooser qttools5-dev-tools libqt5svg5-dev
libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5qml5 libqt5quick5 libqt5declarative5
qtscript5-dev libssh2-1-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev qttools5-dev
qtconnectivity5-dev libgrantlee-dev
qtpositioning5-dev qtlocation5-dev

[ 75%] Linking CXX executable TestPreferences
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
[ 75%] Built target facebook_integration
tests/CMakeFiles/TestGpsCoords.dir/build.make:138: recipe for target
'tests/TestGpsCoords' failed
make[2]: *** [tests/TestGpsCoords] Error 1

Any comments?

Kind regards,

willem