binaries for Beta 1

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Mon Oct 3 12:31:03 PDT 2016

Dear friends,

> Am 03.10.2016 um 18:06 schrieb Robert C. Helling <robert at euve10195.vserver.de>:
>
> I have three patches on my laptop, one of which is a bugfix.  Will send tonight with proper internet connection. Hold the horses.

back home, so here we go:

These three patches are of different character:

There is no 0001.

0002 is something I hacked so I can switch between Buehlmann and VPM-B from the preferences (rather than just from the planner). It is a bit rough (and should also grey out those preferences which do not apply to the active model, to be added later). We should have something like this, but this patch might need a bit more work and Tomaz promised something along these lines anyway.

0003 fixes a bug with the heat map when using VPM-B. The scale for the colors is set by the Buehlmann m-value, so we need to compute that even when not using Buehlmann. Yesterday, his bug was found by Willem.

0004 is a stub for a CFD: Sometime ago, before starting with our template based printing, I had submitted some patches to print via TeX. Those were turned down because we don’t want to add TeX as a dependency, which I can understand. For my own use to print paper logbook pages, I kept rebasing this branch and use it for my own build. Now, I realized I presented this in the wrong way: This is not about printing. This should be presented as another file format we export to. There is no dependency to anything, this just writes a text file with data from the dive in the form of TeX macros. This can then be used to print out the dive, but only if the user wants to. So, philosophically, this is like many of the other exports: Those make only sense to use if the user has the other thing to reimport the data. This patch is only a stub with no real functionality (it exports only the dive number). The actual code to write TeX, I did not have with me when I wrote this earlier today on a train, but I will add this tomorrow if I don’t hear strong opinions to the opposite.

Best
Robert