Heat map timing and colours

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Oct 4 04:45:45 PDT 2016

I did some measurements on the heat map after the latest release
(5.2-1640-gb3a0ab dated Oct 3rd) which I assume is the 4.6 beta release
and which incorporates Robert's latest patch.

Attached two dives using the Buehlmann algorithm. The time difference
between events in the the heat map and those in the dive profile looks
to be more or less constant during a dive. In dive 1 (attached) the
difference is approx 100 seconds, while in dive 2 (attached) the
difference is about 65 seconds. However, in both dives the difference is
close to 35 horizontal pixels.

With respect to the colours used in the heat map, I deduce the following:

Light blue:  Inert gas tissue pressure far below ambient inert gas
pressure and close to pressure when dive started.
Dark blue:  Some ongassing has occurred but tissue pressures still far
below ambient pressure.
Purple:       Tissue gas pressure approaches that of the ambient inert
gas pressure.
Black:         Tissue gas pressure roughly equal to ambient gas pressure.
Grey-green: Tissue gas pressure greater than, but close to ambient pressure.
Bright green: Tissue gas pressure significantly above ambient pressure
but below Gradient factor limit. Efficient offgassing is taking place in
the tissue groups in green.
Green-yellow: Tissue gas pressure approximately at limit imposed by
gradient factor.
Yellow:           Tissue gas pressure exceeds limit imposed by gradient
factor.
Orange ?      Approaching GF100 gas pressure   ???
Red ?            Exceeding GF100 gas pressure   ???

In the user manual, I would like to but an example of the gas pressure
graph in the Information box next to the representation of the same
instant as a vertical slice through the heat map. In order to do that,
one needs to understand the colours.

Kind regards,
willem