User manual update: Heat map

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Oct 23 22:42:03 PDT 2016

Sent from my phone. Thank you very much for your feedback. Two questions.
1) if the demarcation is moved to the equilibrium gas pressure, then the
zero point on the offgassing scale is *above* the start of the range. If
the unit for the offgassing scale is "percentage distance from ambient
pressure to M-value", then the tissue pressures between equil pressure and
ambient pressure would have negative values since they are *below* the zero
value. Am I missing something?
2) in the correspondence somewhere Robert mentioned that the VPM-B
calculations include a term that amounts to the M-value. Maybe I
misinterpreted him. What I am trying to understand is the relevance of the
heat map when using the bubble approach. What I get from the discussion is
that even if one uses the VPM-B, the heat map is based on Buehlmann
calculations. How should one then interpret the heat map when using VPM-B?
Thanks for your time.
Kind regards, willem