User manual update: Heat map

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:13:17 PDT 2016

On 25 October 2016 at 11:32, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Willem,
>
> On 24 October 2016 at 16:42, Willem Ferguson <
> willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
>> Sent from my phone. Thank you very much for your feedback. Two questions.
>> 1) if the demarcation is moved to the equilibrium gas pressure, then the
>> zero point on the offgassing scale is *above* the start of the range. If
>> the unit for the offgassing scale is "percentage distance from ambient
>> pressure to M-value", then the tissue pressures between equil pressure and
>> ambient pressure would have negative values since they are *below* the zero
>> value. Am I missing something?
>>
> You are correct.  The percentages on the scale from bright green to red
> are the "percentage distance from ambient pressure to M-value", where the
> M-value is the Buhlmann M-value.  The paper by Eric Baker
> http://www.ddplan.com/reference/mvalues.pdf refers to the percentage as
> the "M-value gradient", to mean the same thing, but uses fewer words, which
> is a good thing in a diagram with limited space.
>
> Attached is another version of the scale.  This time referring correctly
to the "Buhlmann M-value gradient".  I've also added percentage characters
to the values, and used horizontal blue lines (like Willem) to show the
link between the equal values on the two graphs.

By default, the manual opens in a non-maximized window and the menu frame
takes up nearly a quarter of the width (on my laptop at least).  I've
narrowed the overall graphic width so that the entire image can be
displayed without needing to scroll across or enlarge the window.

Cheers,

Rick