Reorganise preferences->graph panel --- proof of concept

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 31 08:10:17 PDT 2016

> On Oct 31, 2016, at 09:04, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
>> On 31/10/2016 15:13, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Even when the Apply button is selected, the option(s) (e.g. VPMB conservatism, GFHigh, GFLow) are not greyed out in the appropriate way. This only happens once either the VPMB or the Bühlmann radio button is selected.
>
>> That isn’t hard to do in the UI code. Do you need help with that?
>
> Please give me a pointer or two.

Have a conditional on the 'enable' property that links it to the value of the checkbox.
So in the onTriggered() function of the checkbox, enable / disable the other elements accordingly.

> I see on the language preference tab, the construct below is used for spacing. But that tab has a vertical layout, not a grid layout.
>
>        <spacer name="horizontalSpacer">
>         <property name="orientation">
>          <enum>Qt::Horizontal</enum>
>         </property>
>         <property name="sizeHint" stdset="0">
>          <size>
>           <width>203</width>
>           <height>20</height>
>          </size>
>         </property>
>        </spacer>
>
> Any suggestion of what may work here?

I'm not a layout guru (and am on my iPad, not my computer)... maybe someone else could take a look?

>> Can you say more about that, please?
>>
> Generating ui_preferences_graph.h
> /home/willem/src/subsurface/desktop-widgets/preferences/preferences_graph.ui: Warning: The name 'label_26' (QLabel) is already in use, defaulting to 'label_261'.
> /home/willem/src/subsurface/desktop-widgets/preferences/preferences_graph.ui: Warning: The name 'label_18' (QLabel) is already in use, defaulting to 'label_181'.
> /home/willem/src/subsurface/desktop-widgets/preferences/preferences_graph.ui: Warning: The name 'pSCR' (QLabel) is already in use, defaulting to 'pSCR1'.
> /home/willem/src/subsurface/desktop-widgets/preferences/preferences_graph.ui: Warning: The name 'groupBox_5' (QGroupBox) is already in use, defaulting to 'groupBox_51'.
> /home/willem/src/subsurface/desktop-widgets/preferences/preferences_graph.ui: Warning: The name 'gridLayout_2' (QGridLayout) is already in use, defaulting to 'gridLayout_21'.
>
> Duplicate labels. I think trivial to fix.

It auto-fixes it for you, so this should be harmless.