Default Preferences not saved

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Oct 31 08:17:26 PDT 2016

I have a curious case where the font type on the Defaults preferences
tab is not saved. It comes up as Dejavu but I want Sans Serif. When I
set it to Sans Serif and select APPLY, then the font is changed to
Dejavu. When I close Subsurface and restart, the default font is back to
Dejavu. In fact if I APPLY any settings, even on other preferences tabs,
the font is changed to Dejavu. Could this be because of patch 5400759??

Actually I suspect this is not a coding problem, but a problem of the
absence or locations of setup files.
Kind regards,
willem