Testing ftdi code

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Oct 31 13:01:07 PDT 2016

On 31 October, 2016 - Willem Ferguson wrote:

> On 31/10/2016 14:29, Anton Lundin wrote:

> >>Can you enable the libdivecomputer log too, and send me one?
> >>
> >I would love to have one log file from when you're using the
> >custom-serial-ftdi code path, and one where you're using the regular
> >in-kernel driver, to be able to compare. I guess there is some thing
> >missing somewhere.
> >
> Anton,
> I hope this is what you wanted. Attachment filenames self-explanatory.

> INFO: Open: name=/dev/ttyUSB0
> INFO: Configure: baudrate=38400, databits=8, parity=0, stopbits=0, flowcontrol=0

> INFO: Open: name=/dev/ttyUSB0
> INFO: Configure: baudrate=38400, databits=8, parity=0, stopbits=0, flowcontrol=0

I think you did some snafu there, and didn't capture a log file using
the ftdi driver? (or overwrote your log file...)

The ftdi log file should start with:
INFO: Open: name=ftdi

Anyhow. The same "error" shows up in these log files, so I'm confident
that this is just a quirk of the oceanic_atom2 protocol. There are quite
a bit of retry / error handling in the code so I don't think there is
anything to worry about.

I would love to see a real ftdi log from that computer anyway...

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604