TestFlight feedback for Subsurface-mobile. Dropbox etc

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 10 08:30:55 PDT 2016

> On Sep 10, 2016, at 8:25 AM, Jaspal Sahota <jaspalsahota at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
> Any plans to support other 'cloud' storage (eg Dropbox/google drive/etc)?

Not really - I don't think there's a developer who has this as their goal.

> While I like the convenience of the subsurface cloud storage in many ways I prefer using Dropbox mainly because it gives me a history of the last few revisions (in case I screw up the log importing/bulk editing etc). It also seems to be a bit more reliable I terms of saving - I often get 'could not connect to cloud' type errors from the desktop subsurface  (I know that's nothing to do with mobile, but it's another reason for me).

That's a known "oddity" in the desktop version. I need to find time to release a
new version of the desktop software - this has been fixed. If you want to switch
to our latest daily build, the problem will be gone.

And just for completeness... our storage format for the cloud is actually a git
backend, so you can go back to any arbitrary version that you have stored.
Unfortunately no one has written a UI to do this, so you'll have to manually
use the git command to go back to an earlier version. But it is possible to
retrieve older versions.