updates to Subsurface and libdivecomputer

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 18:45:36 PDT 2016

On 18 September 2016 at 18:20, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 September 2016 at 11:10, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> Thanks to Linus and Anton we have an updated Subsurface-branch for
>> libdivecomputer.
>> This goes along with an update to Subsurface itself to adjust to the
>> modified API for our serial code.
>>
>> I’ve had problems with the native Bluetooth code for a while and feel
>> like I can’t quite figure out where the culprit is. I only had a chance to
>> test this on my Mac, though, and Bluetooth has always been a challenge
>> on the Mac.
>>
>> I’d appreciate if some of you with Bluetooth dive computers could give
>> this a try and let me know if things work on Windows, Linux and Mac.
>>
>> I tested on Linux (Fedora 24) with my Shearwater Petrel 2, and it worked
> fine.  Built myself from latest master, running the build.sh to update
> libdivecomputer.
>
> I should correct what I wrote above.  Downloading the dives via Bluetooth
worked fine, but I was not able to select which Bluetooth controller to use
(onboard or USB dongle), or turn it on or off - previously I could.  I
turned on Bluetooth with the GUI tool included with KDE, and the default
controller was the one I wanted to use.

I'll investigate further when I get the chance, but can someone else test?
You don't even need a Bluetooth dive computer; just see if you can power
Bluetooth on or off through Subsurface, select the controller if you have
more than one, and scan and try to pair a device (e.g. your phone).

Cheers,

Rick