updates to Subsurface and libdivecomputer

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 01:49:04 PDT 2016

On 19 September 2016 at 11:45, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 September 2016 at 18:20, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 18 September 2016 at 11:10, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks to Linus and Anton we have an updated Subsurface-branch for
>>> libdivecomputer.
>>> This goes along with an update to Subsurface itself to adjust to the
>>> modified API for our serial code.
>>>
>>> I’ve had problems with the native Bluetooth code for a while and feel
>>> like I can’t quite figure out where the culprit is. I only had a chance
>>> test this on my Mac, though, and Bluetooth has always been a challenge
>>> on the Mac.
>>>
>>> I’d appreciate if some of you with Bluetooth dive computers could give
>>> this a try and let me know if things work on Windows, Linux and Mac.
>>>
>>> I tested on Linux (Fedora 24) with my Shearwater Petrel 2, and it worked
>> fine.  Built myself from latest master, running the build.sh to update
>> libdivecomputer.
>>
>> I should correct what I wrote above.  Downloading the dives via Bluetooth
> worked fine, but I was not able to select which Bluetooth controller to use
> (onboard or USB dongle), or turn it on or off - previously I could.  I
> turned on Bluetooth with the GUI tool included with KDE, and the default
> controller was the one I wanted to use.

I've just tested again, and compared to a week-old build and the 4.5.4
Appimage.  The ability to control Bluetooth appears to have nothing to do
with recent changes in Subsurface or libdivecomputer.  I had Bluetooth
disabled through the KDE taskbar icon, and Subsurface couldn't power on
Bluetooth from that state.  If I enable Bluetooth through the system, then
I can power on and power off.