Suunto download missing alerts?

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:36:13 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Linus Torvalds
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> My own log seems to actually have aritime properly but for some reason
>> this event is not shown on the graph:
>
> We have some event filtering code - see
> "DiveEventItem::shouldBeHidden()" that saves a "plot_ev" flag for each
> event whether it should be shown or not. But I think we got rid of all
> the static event hiding, so that should *only* trigger if you
> explicitly click "hide similar events" on the profile.
>
> Mind sending me that xml file, and I'll try to see why the event isn't shown?

I took another look into it and the alarm shows on my log properly.
The airtime alarm goes off when there is about 35 bars left, not 50
bars as I initially thought. There is also an alarm when there is 50
bars left, but I do not know whether that is recorded as an event by
Vyper.

When looking at the data from the user reporting the problem, I see
that the alarm he is complaining about is called "tank pressure" when
importing DM5 DB, but it ends up being type='13' flags='1'
name='safety stop (mandatory)' with direct import on Subsurface. I got
a memory dump of for the issue, but cannot get the simulator working
with Subsurface. Was there some trick required or should it work at
all? I do get dctool to start parsing the data, but it fails with
following:

ERROR: Error parsing the dive mode. [in output_xml.c:358
(dctool_xml_output_write)]
ERROR: Error parsing the dive data. [in dctool_download.c:99 (dive_cb)]
ERROR: Invalid ringbuffer pointer detected (0xe8f5 0x05be). [in
suunto_common2.c:400 (suunto_common2_device_foreach)]
ERROR: Error downloading the dives. [in dctool_download.c:218 (download)]
ERROR: Data format error

So right now I am not able to test your patch nor do any other
debugging. But then again when looking at the event list, it might be
that we just don't have the appropriate sample event there...

miika