Next release [was Re: Frequent cloud storage authentication errors with Subsurface 4.5.6 (desktop)]

Adric Norris landstander668 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 07:16:04 PDT 2016

I spent some time with the Windows build of -1620, and it does indeed
appear to have fixed all of the cloud connectivity errors. I haven't
noticed any issues with preference changes either.

Is there a Linux build available? My notebook isn't really up to the task
of building from source, and I don't see anything at
https://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 22, 2016, at 9:24 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >

> >> On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:00 AM, John Smith <noseygit at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Running 4.5.2-1600 on Windows 10
> >>
> >> The SHARE ON button goes blue in clicking but doesn't open a window.
> >
> > That should work now with the -1619 build. I even tested it on Windows
> (crazy, I know).
>
> Replaced by -1620
>
> >> Every time I try to import a csv file from my ccr using the import log
> files, subsurface crashes.
> >
> > I didn't notice that you had sent the test file just to me, I just
> forwarded it to Miika.
> >
> >> Language always shows Bulgarian rather than English.
> >
> > That should also be fixed in -1619
> >
> >> If you do anything on the language page, it always gives a 'to use new
> language' message even if you are changing time settings.
> >
> > Ditto.
> >
> > BUT: while setting the language works fine now on Linux, it's still not
> working on Windows and I don't quite understand why.
>
> -1620 fixes this on Windows as well.
>
> > I'd appreciate if you could verify all this (and more testing would be
> extremely welcome, too) :-)
>
> Still true. And please - not just John - we really need more people to
> test.
>
> /D

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams