Next release [was Re: Frequent cloud storage authentication errors with Subsurface 4.5.6 (desktop)]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 24 07:47:19 PDT 2016

I saw Miika's response but let me add a few remarks

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 6:07 AM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I'd really like to help with testing (Owning a OSTC Sport with
> bluetooth) but somehow I can only get the "stable" versions to run.
>
> So no testing with development version. :(
>
> Maybe it's me using debian stable as OS (Qt 5.3.2). But I cannot compile
> current master nor v4.5-branch using debian stable using the
> scripts/build.sh.

I'm always amused by Debian Antiques (aka stable). 5.3.2 is just a bit over two
years old... I /think/ we should still build with it, but I don't think anyone cares.

> [ 42%] Building CXX object
> core/CMakeFiles/subsurface_corelib.dir/qthelper.cpp.o
> In file included from
> /home/macho/dev/cpp/subsurface/subsurface/./desktop-widgets/mainwindow.h:16:0,
>                 from
> /home/macho/dev/cpp/subsurface/subsurface/qt-models/filtermodels.cpp:8:
> /home/macho/dev/cpp/subsurface/subsurface/build/ui_mainwindow.h:24:32:
> fatal error: notificationwidget.h: No such file or directory
> #include "notificationwidget.h"

The ui_* files sometimes get out of sync. I'd suggest removing your build
directory completely and starting again

But... as Miika said, unless you want to send me patches, compiling from source
isn't really necessary. I really appreciate it if people actually test the same binaries
that our "regular users" will use, which in case of Linux is mostly going to be the
AppImage.

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily

> But I am more than willing to help testing (also on android).
> (Doing a diving trip in the beginning of october to Cairns.)

Yes, that's so generous of you to force yourself to Cairns, JUST to help
out. And testing of all three platforms (Linux, Windows, Android) is very,
very appreciated.

> Any hints for me how I can help in the best way?

Testing. And reading the user manual and providing feedback where it
doesn't match the current user experience.

Thanks so much!