Next release [was Re: Frequent cloud storage authentication errors with Subsurface 4.5.6 (desktop)]

Adric Norris landstander668 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:50:51 PDT 2016

OK, the -1632 appimage doesn't appear to be able to read from or write to
cloud storage on Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial). The only message shown by the app
itself is "Cannot connect to cloud server, working with local copy". Output
shown on the terminal is:

$ ./Subsurface-4.5.1.1632-x86_64.AppImage
Plugins Directory:  QDir( "/tmp/.mount_Zt1yR9/usr/bin" , nameFilters = {
"*" },  QDir::SortFlags( Name | IgnoreCase ) , QDir::Filters(
Dirs|Files|Drives|AllEntries ) )
"
https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/landstander668@gmail.com[landstander668@gmail.com]
"
existing filename
https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/landstander668@gmail.com[landstander668@gmail.com]

That last line appeared when I did an explicit "Save to cloud storage". No
error was displayed at that point, but the changes never appeared at
https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/landstander668@gmail.com/dives.html
either. Doing an explicit "Take cloud storage online" and retrying only
results in a repeat of the "Cannot connect to cloud server, working with
local copy" message.

Reading from and writing to cloud storage both seem to work normally on the
Windows build.