Subsurface-mobile status

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Apr 3 17:40:45 PDT 2017

We're making more progress. I have a new APK for people to test - and I'd
appreciate if some of you could try and report back as I think this might
be the next beta candidate:

http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/daily/Subsurface-mobile-4.6.3.196-arm.apk

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 11:00:22AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > On Apr 1, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> a) the profiles aren't drawn (empty boxes)
> >
> > Still true. Do you see profiles on your Android build? Or did you just
> > test on a Linux computer, not a device?
>
> I occasionally get a profile, but that is mis-scaled, but most of the time I see
> no profile. That's of course a show stopper... and it worked prior to the port
> to Kirigami 2

This turned out to be an interesting combination of things coming together.
Using lring() to round the device pixel ration instead of truncating it is
the main culprit, I have added another hack on the existing hack to
position the profile correctly and it seems to work for a reasonably large
set of possible DPR values that I've tried.

> The Cloud Credentials page now seems to work as it is supposed to.
> Thanks for your help fixing that!
>
> > f) with Kirigami-1, when the user tapped on the menu item in the lower
> > left corner, the drawer would become visible; with Kirigami-2 it seems
> > that one has to slightly drag the hamburger icon to the right for it to
> > open. That's a somewhat unfortunate and very user visible change that I
> > wish we could undo...
>
> That's still true, and still bothering me... it just doesn't seem intuitive
> that the user would have to drag on that handle, instead of just tapping
> on (what looks like) a button.

So this is the one remaining Kirigami 2 issue that I am aware of, and
something Marco told me on IRC he'd be looking into. It appears that this
should still accept a tap on the button, but on high dpr devices like my
Pixel XL it's nearly impossible to just tap - everything is recognized as
a tiny drag and then ignored.

Thanks