Subsurface-mobile status

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 4 12:20:54 PDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 09:15:27PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:
> On 4 Apr 2017 21:06, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 07:50:28PM +0200, Joakim Bygdell wrote:
> > The profile issue is still present in master,
>
> Which profile issue? There are so many. And is that with my APK or with
> something you built yourself? It turns out that I had forgotten to push
> two commits yesterday...
>

> Built from master this afternoon.
> Scaling issue where only the top left quarter of the profile where visible.

Yes, that would definitely be broken in master until about 10 minutes ago.
Sorry about that. Now pushed, and a new APK (-198) is on the server in
downloads/daily

> > it happens far more regularly when selecting any of the top two dives in
> > the list
> > than any other dive combined.
> >
> > Dive editing is broken for anything that uses the new HintsTextEdit
> > function.
>
> Can you elaborate on what is broken?
>

> Any changes to fields which uses the new hints function is never saved nor
> updated when reloading the dive after edit.
> I have a hunch regarding the reason.

Yeah, that would definitely qualify as "broken". Duh. I played with it to
see if the user experience made sense, but I think I never tried to
actually save changes (since I had it set up to use my "real" dive file
which I didn't want to modify). Silly me.

Thanks for catching this and pointing it out. Something we need to fix
before pushing this out as a public beta, of course.

I'd love if you have patches - my next two days will be very busy, not
sure I'll find much time to look into this.

Thanks