IOS Subsurface-mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 8 08:27:14 PDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 07:55:14AM +0200, Philippe Massart wrote:
> Hello.
>
> An already seen problem (with beta and stable release): some fields are aligned vertically (and without space between letters).
>
> Here is a screen shoot with french interface

Interesting layout problem. The key issue is that the French labels are so
long, and the labels aren't wrapped, just the values are wrapped it seems.

Or, one could argue, the key issue is what we discussed here not too long
ago about abbreviations and short strings.

Compare the labels that the English UI uses with their translations
Air Temp:		Water Temp:		SAC:
Température de l'air:	Température de l'eau:	Consommation d'air (SAC) :

I appreciate the beauty of every language - but you'll admit that this
makes things a bit harder to layout...

I'll play with wrapping the labels as well. Let's see how many cans of
worms that opens.