Haunting a Windows "Subsurface not start but becoming zombie" bug

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Sun Apr 9 12:04:03 PDT 2017

Hello Lubomir,

Am 09.04.2017 um 14:37 schrieb Lubomir I. Ivanov:

>> It is that simply sometimes Subsurface under Windows 10 doesn't start. I
>> mean I click on the icon and no window and also no crash info appears. After
>> that I have a zombie Subsurface.exe running. I now for the first time
>> reproduced this with the MXE debug build and again attached drmingw to the
>> zombie exe.
> so it appears to be entering an infinite loop when
> desktop-widgets/globe.cpp calls setShowScaleBar(true);
> it then tries to redirect debug output to a "NullStream" in
> MarbleDebug.cpp which appears to fail on Windows.
> QDebug attempts to acquire a Mutex lock but fails in
> qmutex.cpp::setInternal() (wait()).
>
> [...]
>
> 2) if the above fails try:
> open the Marble source folder and find MarbleDebug.cpp and modify the
> contents of the method mDebug() to be like so:
> QDebug mDebug()
> {
>     return qDebug();
> }
> then rebuild marble.
Now I have this variant 2) build and running.
No more occurrence of the zombie process phenomenon up to now and also
marble showing the globe plus dive site after every startup.
I will continue my testing and poor <g> development work based on this
change and watch out for further recurrence of this issue or any other.

Clearly I don't know what that may mean in terms of marble: That code
piece with the "NullStream" not good for windows?!

Best regards
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs