Haunting a Windows "Subsurface not start but becoming zombie" bug

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 12:41:55 PDT 2017

On 9 April 2017 at 22:04, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> Clearly I don't know what that may mean in terms of marble: That code piece
> with the "NullStream" not good for windows?!

their NullSream class idea is to redirect output to a "null" device if
debugging is disabled.
e.g. /dev/null on *NIX and NUL on Windows.

but it appears their approach doesn't work well with this version of
Qt and on Windows.

i would try something like that instead:

static QFile *nullDevice = new QFile(QProcess::nullDevice());
if (!nullDevice->isOpen())
    nullDevice->open(QIODevice::WriteOnly);
return QDebug(nullDevice);

lubomir