Perdix / Perdix AI info from Shearwater

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Apr 10 09:37:09 PDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> After a couple of hiccups (my main contact at Shearwater had left them, but now is back) I was able to connect with Shearwater regarding BTLE support.
> It seems that the newer Perdix are all BTLE only (not just the AI). So this is becoming more pressing...

well, I'm in Maui right now, to make up for the fact that I won't be
in Maui during the regular family vacaton this year.

And te Perdix AI model looks *exactly* like the EON Steel model,
except with a different protocol, of course.

Exactly the same GATT write to one descriptor, and reads with notify
events on another descriptor. (I guess they care called
"characteristics" in BLE).

Anyway, in a week Ill have new dives and motivation to figure it all
out, and by then hopefully Nick and Marcel will have figured out the
pairing issues on Linux too.

The Perdix may not have the pairing issues. That may be a EON Steel
quirk due to the way it tells the world that it isn't discoverable,
and then Bluez takes that a bit _too_ seriously.

              Linus