error when saving information on the cloud

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 02:26:08 PDT 2017

On 10 April 2017 at 16:33, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> Ah, It could be that your proxy uses basic auth, and all the git clients
> gets confused with whats the proxy credentials and whats the git
> credentials.

Yes. After trying 5 different windows clients I finally managed to clone
the remote repository.
Most of the visual clients I tried support mainly classic mainstream git
services as Github and Bitbucket.

SmartGit works. it gets proxy settings directly from Windows and once I
give him the remote url it ask me correctly for user credential to use.
Clone is OK

[image: Inline images 1]

--
Davide