IOS Subsurface-mobile

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 20:51:27 PDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:13 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>> On Apr 10, 2017, at 10:24 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> OK, I believe I have figured this out. There's still one oddity in the way QML
>> does alignment (i.e., once a field gets wrapped, it loses right edge alignment),
>> but at least the extreme artifacts as shown in Philippe's screen shot shut be
>> gone.
>>
>> I'll create a new APK shortly.
>
> New builds for Android and iOS have been pushed to the testers.
>
> The design of the Dive Details View has changed a little bit - I'm curious what
> people think. It does take slightly more space this way, but by moving things
> around I was able to reliably make it work in any localization I tried, on any
> screen size I tried. And it works around the alignment oddity observed above.
>
> I have one older iOS device on which the new build silently crashes - and I cannot
> figure out how to debug this. But on my newer iOS devices the new build finally
> works again.
>
> Testing (especially in different localization) and feedback on the new look
> are highly encouraged :-)

Quick test with iPhone resulted in one crash:
- Start Subsurface
- View dive
- Swipe right twice (view two other dive profiles)
- Sync manually with cloud (hamburger - manage dives - manual sync with cloud)
- Go to dive list (hamburger - dive list)
- Click on the plus sign to add a dive

I also got an empty menu once (the one on the left of the screen), but
couldn't reproduce. This could have also been related to manual cloud
sync, but who knows.

Tested on 6S Plus with English locales. Layout looks good with that...

I also got one crash without doing cloud sync when selecting add dive
manually from the menu. This one was with Finnish language when
checking out some of the screens. Noticed also that device info is not
translated. The long date format (month) seems a bit odd in Finnish
dive details, but it still fits the screen just fine.

miika