Latest subsurface-mobile craches on android

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 14 07:52:09 PDT 2017

> On Apr 14, 2017, at 2:58 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 12. Apr 2017, at 21:19, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>
>> OK, so this dies in the QQuickItem destructor. That's a starting point.
>>

> I guess this is addressed in
>
> commit 71191f1294abdfcb40720707e4722173b62fdfac
> Author: Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com <mailto:notmart at gmail.com>>
> Date:   Thu Apr 13 19:57:22 2017 +0200
>
>     QML UI: only assign actions in a declarative way
>
>     Assigning actions in an imperative way on component complete,
>     seems to cause a crash on some devices, assign declaratively
>     the whole list instead, hiding the gps related actions on
>     iOS as they are not supported on that platform.
>
> I am trying to understand this but I totally fail. You you please provide some background?

I don't think Marco and I completely understand it, either.

Marco looked at the stack traces and figured out that this was likely happening in the code that created the Global Drawer (the menu on the left). And with a bit of trial and error he and I came to the conclusion that it had something to do with creating the actions as lists, copying them into an array, and then transforming them back into a list again.

But I am still seeing crashes, even with the latest binaries, on two devices that I have access to, so the fix isn't complete, yet. And it's again the same stack trace, indicating that something in the handling of QQuickItems is fundamentally broken.