Subsurface-mobile crashes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 14 10:47:11 PDT 2017

(this email didn't get sent out yesterday for some strange reason)
(I think I have the Android crashes fixed now, finally, by switching back to Qt 5.7.1)
(but the rest of the email is still relevant - I'd love to get data on the size of that square...)

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 5:54 PM, Steve <stevewilliams at internode.on.net> wrote:
>

> Fixes all the crashes for me on Android 4.3 also.

That's excellent news.

My experience is a bit mixed - on the devices (and the simulators) where I was able
to reproduce this in the past, things are working fine now. But I have one device (my
ancient Nexus 10 tablet) where interaction with the GlobalDrawer causes reproducible
crashes. The Nexus 10 stopped getting updates at Android 5.1.1

I'll give the Europeans a chance to play with this on both iOS and Android to see how
common these crashes are. I had really been hoping that we could cut a new release
relatively soon to fix some of the outstanding problems that people had with
Subsurface-mobile. But as long as we can see crashes, that's not realistic.

Speaking of outstanding problems - there's one more thing that some of the
reports lately have brought up again: clearly on some devices we get the scaling
completely wrong.

I just pushed a commit (and will create new builds for TestFlight / Play this evening)
that draws a 2cm * 2cm square on the Developer->Theme Information page.

On my Google Pixel XL that square measures 19.5 * 19.5 mm - pretty good.

Can people try that and post the model number, screen resolution as reported,
and the measured size of that black square?

Thanks