Subsurface-mobile, next round

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 15 00:37:16 PDT 2017

tested on 2 phones:
     1) Wileyfox Swift, Lineageos, Android 7.1.1
     2) old Samsung gt-s7580 (with pixel ratio 1.5), CyanogenMod,
Android 6.0.1

On 15-04-17 03:08, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> I just pushed 4.6.3.243 to the beta channel in the Play store and to Test Flight
>
> This should address the following (compared to where we were on Wednesday -  some of this had been fixed in intermediate builds since then)
>
> - random crashes at startup or when using the Global Drawer
Fixed for me (ie. I could not reproduce these crashes).

> - deleting dives via long-press on the dive list now render correctly
Fixed.

> - manually adding dives is improved (completers no longer show the first item on their list or the last item you entered)
Fixed.

> - profiles should be rendered correctly for devices with a device pixel ration of 1.5
Problem of the profile translated to bottom right is fixed. I do see,
however, some other redering artefact that might be related to small
devices. See below.

> - font size should be correct on narrow devices
Fxed.

> - text should wrap correctly in dive details view, including for languages with rather verbose labels (e.g., French)
Did not test.

> I'm feeling unreasonably optimistic that this might be getting to the point where we can do a new release.
> So please test and let me know what else is broken (or what is still broken).
>
> Thank you so much to Willem, Jan, Steve, Salvador, Robert, Jocke, Richard, Timo and everyone else who tested and provided feedback.
>
> /D

Some other strange rendering artifact on small device with pixel ratio
1.5 (phone 2 as listed above). See 2 attached screendumps of two
consecutive dives. The newest (#2741) has a little too wide profile and
header data, that is slightly offset to the right. This strip of data is
shown on the left edge of the previous dive (#2740). Even when rotating
the phone 90 deg to landscape (the alignment is then ok), this strange
artifact is still in place when rotating to portrait again. To be clear,
I did see this issue also before the updates of last week, so appears
not to be related to a very recent change.

best,

--jan