Subsurface-mobile, next round

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 15 01:07:50 PDT 2017

On 15-04-17 09:19, Miika Turkia wrote:
> A crash I reported earlier still occurs on iPhone:
>> Quick test with iPhone resulted in one crash:
>> - Start Subsurface
>> - View dive
>> - Swipe right twice (view two other dive profiles)
>> - Sync manually with cloud (hamburger - manage dives - manual sync with cloud)
>> - Go to dive list (hamburger - dive list)
>> - Click on the plus sign to add a dive

I can reproduce this crash on Android 7.1.1. with this exact sequence of
steps. There is a very suspicious warning in the logcat: "Subsurface:
qrc:///qml/HintsTextEdit.qml:38 ((null)):
qrc:///qml/HintsTextEdit.qml:38: TypeError: Property 'startsWith' of
object 10.0ℓ is not a function" (in fact 3 warnings like this, 1 for
cylinder, one for buddy, one for suit.  Also tried a simplified sequence
to reproduce the crash (just start Subsurface, and click on the plus to
add a dive). This works ok (and no HintsTextEdit.qml warnings occur).

The logcat of the crash does not reveal very much. It seems like a
running out of memory, and it takes approx. 15 seconds for the app to crash.

best,

--jan