Subsurface-mobile, next round

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 15 07:36:20 PDT 2017

> On Apr 15, 2017, at 7:05 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 15 April 2017 at 10:07, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> The logcat of the crash does not reveal very much. It seems like a running
>> out of memory, and it takes approx. 15 seconds for the app to crash.
>
> Same here on Android 6.0.1 but it does not crash but it freeze for
> about 15" and then it displays a new dive form.
> Here a screencast:
>
> https://youtu.be/81x2_tP8400

Thanks for sending this - it really shows the sequence and the problem.

> The app is not fluid and I'm realizing that the italian translation
> (mostly made by me) sucks. Several strings are too long.

String length is a problem, but...

> Fonts size and type seems completely out of standard.

the font size really is what's killing it. And that I still don't fully understand.
We are asking the phone for its default font, so that SHOULD be a well
proportioned font. Why does this give us a really nice looking font on many
(most?) phones, and then something way too big on some phones?

> More test in the next hours

Thank you.

BTW: which tool did you use for the screen cast? That's pretty cool
and could be useful to make small tutorials...