Subsurface-mobile, next round

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Apr 15 08:21:20 PDT 2017

> On Apr 15, 2017, at 8:06 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 15 April 2017 at 16:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>

>> the font size really is what's killing it. And that I still don't fully understand.
>> We are asking the phone for its default font, so that SHOULD be a well
>> proportioned font. Why does this give us a really nice looking font on many
>> (most?) phones, and then something way too big on some phones?
>
> It's seems to use just one font in several sizes without using
> "Condensed" and "Bold" types when needed. One example is the dive
> list: all info for a dive have same emphasis which is wrong by design.
> Dive name or dive numer or date, one of them should be used as dive
> record title.
>
> Sorry for being nit-picker. If you it useful I could give some feeback
> on the UI from a user  POV.
> Of course I realize that ATM there are other problem to resolve.

a) yes, first this needs to work as intended
b) yes, please give feedback

My biggest problems are (i) I usually don't know how to implement
solutions to the reported problems. Marco has been extremely helpful,
but working on QML is his day job, which makes working on a QML
dive log (as a non-diver) not really a very exciting hobby... we need more
QML developers who also are divers. and (ii) time - I happen to have a
bit of time this week and jumped right in, but I know that this will dry
up again come Monday

All that said, please help us make things better. And detailed feedback
is a great way to do so.

>> BTW: which tool did you use for the screen cast? That's pretty cool
>> and could be useful to make small tutorials...
>
> AZ Screen Recorder
> I'm not sure it's the best but it seems to work without too many ads

Cool. Thanks

> In the meantime a new screencast from a Nexus 5X Android 7.1.2
>
> Same behaviour with a lag of several seconds after the above sequence.
>
> https://goo.gl/photos/MwXzA8haCSBpdvdG9
>
> I tried with other operation sequence and I do not get lags
>
> Font situation seems the same. Square is 2x2

I have access to a Nexus 5X here (if I can wrestle one from the hands
of two certain twelve year olds...)