Failing to connect to shearwater perdix on linux with subsurface

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Apr 17 19:45:30 PDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Robert Sevat <robert at indylix.nl> wrote:

> I am unable to setup a bluetooth connection with subsurface to my
> shearwater perdix on linux. I've run out of troubleshooting ideas. Maybe
> you guys have some pointers/ideas.

This looks like the BLE version (Bluetooth LE, aka 4.0), rather than rfcomm.

> [NEW] Primary Service
>     /org/bluez/hci0/dev_E2_70_EE_3B_89_1E/service000a
>     00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
>     Generic Attribute Profile

The above looks very much like a GATT thing, not a rfcomm thing. Which
is how the BLE thing works, but we don't support it under Subsurface
yet.

> It fails to setup the RFCOMM connection on channels 1-6, nor is it able
> to lookup what channel it should be. It gets 'host is down'.

Yeah, there's no traditional RFCOMM there at all, afaik. So you
apparently have one of the newer Perdix ones that have new bluetooth.

               Linus