Crash on Windows when importing dives via USB from OSTC2

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 19 01:03:08 PDT 2017

On 19-04-17 09:24, Stefan Fuchs wrote:
> Am 19.04.2017 um 09:09 schrieb Miika Turkia:
>> git bisect is your friend
>>
>> miika
>>
>> On 19 Apr 2017, at 9.48, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de
>> <mailto:sfuchs at gmx.de>> wrote:
>>
>>> unfortunately I see a new crash when importing via USB from my
>>> OSTC2. This happens under Windows 10 with current master and was not
>>> there about 2 weeks ago. It happens every time at the end of data
>>> transfer from the dive computer.
>>>
>>> Stack trace attached. I already started to think about one of the
>>> latest commits being the root cause but from the stack trace I can't
>>> see a direct link to one of the changes I'm aware off.
>>>

> Yes, can try but not before the weekend. Maybe someone has a quick guess.
> Shall we start looking at libdivecomputer or Subsurface?

Well, my first question would be: does it also crash on Linux? For me,
that would simplify tracking down the issue. Then, remember the recent
changes in the build stuff. From my commit fd40a29ec858a onwards we are
pulling a newer libdc. The old location was not not updated since some
time. This meaning that the change in libdc is relatively big. libdc or
not can easily be tested. Pull libdc from the old location, and
recompile. Notice that the official 4.6.3 on Windows does not contain a
fix from Anton in libdc (6fccf5923f31) from beginning of 2017, due to
build scripting issues (see
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/301), so be very
careful when bisecting something in the libdc area.

Further, interfacing on Linux with my OSTC3 (ok, over BT) works just
fine ....

best,

--jan