Crash on Windows when importing dives via USB from OSTC2

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Wed Apr 19 15:04:44 PDT 2017

Hello Lobomir, hello Anton,

Am 19.04.2017 um 15:35 schrieb Lubomir I. Ivanov:
> On 19 April 2017 at 09:48, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> unfortunately I see a new crash when importing via USB from my OSTC2. This
>> happens under Windows 10 with current master and was not there about 2 weeks
>> ago. It happens every time at the end of data transfer from the dive
>> computer.
>>
> Stefan, can you reproduce the same issue with the official Subsurface
> Windows binaries - not the ones you've built?
>
> in your stack trace, i again see hints of concurrency problems which
> may be caused by mingw.

With Dirks latest daily build which is
subsurface-4.6.3-260-gcb15a37ee5d5.exe I don't have the crash.

@Dirk: Is this daily based on latest libdc and marble as on Github?

Dirks MXE build is based on Qt 5.7.1.

Maybe it's really Qt or mingw. But unfortunately I used to have also
problems with newer MXE snapshots. This is why I once decided to use the
"release" 2016-10-12 of MXE which includes Qt 5.7.
Maybe it's possible to cherry pick the commit which brings MXE to Qt 5.7.1?!

Best regards
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs