Very timid beginning framework for BLE communication

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Apr 19 16:06:31 PDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:45 PM, Linus Torvalds

> Because as part of reading the Qt Bluetooth docs (I'm resigned to
> having to look at this myself), I noticed that the docs clearly say
> that the "QBluetoothDeviceInfo::address()" data is invalid on MacOS
> and iOS, and that you should use deviceUuid() instead.

Side note: this may or may not be limited to just the BLE side, so
it's possible that the current code works fine with traditional
bluetooth and RFCOMM. The docs aren't obvious.

So even if the current state of Qt bluetooth works fine on MacOS, it
would be good to hear if it still works with the patch, or whether
this is something that needs to be made conditional on the whole
low-energy thing.

                Linus