Help needed to import .slg files into Subsurface

Liam Clarke liamagclarke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 14:43:25 PDT 2017

Hello

I am in need of a little help. I used to have a Subgear XP-10 dive computer
(identical to Uwatec Aladin Pro) and I used the Subgear Dive.Log software
(repackaged SmartTrak) to download all my dives. I have 179 dives, and my
wife has 4 dives logged in .slg format file.

I now have an OSTC3 and have been using Subsurface to log all my dives
since. I would really like to merge the two and only use Subsurface.

I tried exporting from Dive.Log / SmartTrak to all sorts of file formats
but couldn't find a way to easily import them into Subsurface. I then tried
creating an account on divelogs.de and importing my old log into there and
then from divelogs.de to Subsurface. That kind-of worked but some of the
information is missing, like rounding the depth to 1 decimal place and
loosing the temperature profile during the dive.

I then read in the Subsurface user manual that there is a stand alone tool
called smtk2ssrf but unfortunately my computer skills are not nearly good
enough to follow the rest of the instructions. I am hoping that there is a
clever developer out there with a good soul who would be able to take these
two nasty .slg files and transform it into nice .xml files that I can
import into Subsurface.

Is there anybody that can help?

Liam Clarke

PS. I am using Subsurface 4.6.3 on a Windows PC.