Subsurface-mobile buggy when deleting dives

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 20:58:00 PDT 2017

> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 8:30 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 21, 2017, at 9:30 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I got a few extra dives added to Subsurface-mobile when testing the
>> now fixed incorrect time issue. When trying to delete the additional
>> dives, I only managed to delete the first one, clicking the delete
>> button for the others was impossible. Bug 1.
>
> I fixed two bugs with this lately, but apparently there are more lurking.
> Have you looked at the code at all? Can you reproduce this by using
> Subsurface-mobile on the desktop (that makes debugging so much
> easier)? It may be hard to write correct QML (at least it is for me), but
> figuring out what it does when you click on a button is usually fairly
> easy - and the heavy lifting of deleting the dive is done in C++, anyway.

I haven't even tried the mobile on desktop. I guess I should.

I wonder, if the problem is related to dive indexes, but would really
need a debugger to have any visibility on it. Too bad I am too busy
ATM to do any real debugging. Hopefully more time next month.

>> After a couple of attempts I now have lost all the real dives on my
>> Android device, only one manually added test is still in my log. Bug
>> 2.
>
> Umm, yeah, that's not good.
>
> I'd look at the commits and see what happened there - but likely they
> will just show that suddenly all the dives got deleted.

yep, one commit deleted everything while adding new dive. And no hints on why.

> What's more interesting is add debug output to the C++ (and JS) code
> to see how we got there.
>
> I'm happy to give you more pointers how to approach this. As I've said
> many many times... we really need more people comfortable helping
> with the Subsurface-mobile code...

I'll try to dive into this next weekend, time permitting.

I did a change to the iPhone plist a few days ago that might help with
the GPS location, but no way to test (attached). I haven't been able
to figure out how the feature was disabled on iPhone, nor if we should
also call some function to register the will to use GPS even on
background... Do you recall how the iPone location recording was
acting up?