Very timid beginning framework for BLE communication

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Apr 24 10:26:25 PDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:44 AM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Summary of brief testing, it appears:
> - download works with a BLE controller
> - this breaks pairing (at least for me)
> - this breaks bluetooth support for at least one non-BLE controller

Hmm. The ble-prep branch really should change absolutely nothing
(because it ends up using the exact same code) apart from the printout
of

  Using bluetooth mode 2

that means that it just uses the ble functions (but those functions
are currently the exact same functions as the non-BLE ones).

And in fact the pairing code doesn't even trigger *that* difference.

The fact that it then later worked makes me wonder if your problem is
simply intermittent. The BT code has definitely been flaky for people,
just judging by the discussions even outside of this whole ble-prep
thread..

                  Linus