Review request: mCCR diving with OSTC3 fixed setpoints

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 05:36:09 PDT 2017

On 28 April 2017 at 14:12, Jan Mulder <jlmulder at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Let me first explain the use case. I (and some fellow cave explorers I dive
> with) dive mCCR units (Kiss Classic specifically) in its most primitive
> form. No attached divecomputer to the mCCR, but only some analog po2 devices
> to fly the unit. This obviously results in no logging from po2 sensors. I
> use a OSTC3, and most of my buddies some Shearwater divecomputer. As I am
> (at this point), not aware how a Shearwater handles this use case, I
> consider only an OSTC3 for now.

Hi Jan,

Could you elaborate on your dive computer use and setpoints?
I also dive my SF2 in manual mode completely but I have a fully eccr
unit with a Shearwater controller.
I "simply" use a setpoint of 0,7 as safe net and I fly the unit manually.
How is your OSTC3 set? Do you need setpoints for deco calculation?

My question is not really Subsurface related (ATM I don't get how a
Subsurface mod will help) so, if you prefer, we could continue off
list.

Bye